Wednesday 13 February 2013

Knitting free-style

Free style knitting by jenny stacy
 This afternoon 2-4 is our Free Knitting session in Handmade Happiness. Since I took this photo I have been growing this piece of knitting and now I don't know whether to keep at it until it's a throw to cover an armchair; or to stop and make it into a cushion. If I had  not put in a curved edge on one corner I think it would withstand being felted and used as a wall hanging. I like the idea of completely covering a tatty old armchair and think it would look fab but I don't think I've got the patience to keep knitting it for that long. Or how about a jacket?!!

I saw Pam Dew yesterday. She is giving two courses in Handmade Happiness on Applique and Quilting. Her courses will be on March 6th 2-4 and March 20th 2-4 and I am really looking forward to learning from her. Ring the shop or email me if you want to join us on those dates.

I will give a one day workshop on Making a Doll on April 3rd. 
For this afternoon and the rest of February Wednesday workshops will be on Free Knitting. These sessions are not suitable for people who have not yet learned to knit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Missed it this week but hoping to make it next week. Anna xx

jenny said...

Thanks Anna. Next week will be the last Free Knitting session for a while. Then it's Hand Applique and Quilting with another teacher on March 6th and 20th.x