Thursday 10 May 2018

Natural knitting wool now in Handmade Happiness!

Sacks of yarn arrived in the post yesterday!
Some of it went straight in the window!

Before I opened Handmade Happiness seven years ago I wanted it to sell wool.
My dream then was to have a habadashery shop which also sold beautiful examples of things that could be made with the things it sold. The best craft I could find, made from the best materials!

However there is already a wool shop in the area at Liss so the yarn companies that supplied them could not supply me. That is the reason Petersfield has no wool shop. 

So Handmade Happiness has always just sold the wonderful things people create and no craft materials. 

But now I am re-visiting the original dream by stocking alpaca yarn, 100% wool and half wool, half cotton yarn. Everything natural and soft. It's what I use for knitting and crochet.  I'll let you know how customers react.

However the new yarn will only take up a fraction of shop space. The main focus is still the work of talented artists, most of whom live in and around  Petersfield.

3 comments:

Brenda Tilbury said...

Wonderful news Jenny!

jenny said...

Thank you Brenda!
See you soon. I didn't understand your Facebook status thing today. Know that you are a wonderful person. Ok?X

Brenda Tilbury said...

Oh that was a silly thing that I left up as it was so silly! Nothing to worry about xxx See you very soon x