Thursday 20 October 2016

Making Christmas cards and other new things

Colourful tree cards by Jenny Stacy
Christmas tree collage cards by Jenny Stacy
A new product - chalk paint in a spray!
New shop furniture - an 18 drawer chest from Roost
This week I am making Christmas cards, using the scraps I collect throughout the year. 

Yesterday a rep for a local company showed me chalk paint spray which seems like a good idea for painting small objects, especially awkward-to-paint things like baskets. To find out more see their website www.novasolspray.co.uk

Also yesterday I took delivery of this useful set of drawers from new Petersfield shop Roost which sells solid wood furniture made in Wiltshire. I like a lot of things in this shop - the furniture is robust and looks like it would last a lifetime.

My daughter is urging me to make statement necklaces. I used to love making these but now there doesn't seem to be the stretches of time needed to develop my own making. However she's set me on a path now and I am determined to get at least a few made before Christmas. It's easy enough to make Christmas cards which are relatively quick but a whole other level to come up with some original textile necklaces. Happy making!

2 comments:

Brenda Tilbury said...

The spray paint is right up my street Jenny, did you have a go with it....and love your cards too! X

jenny said...

Thank you Brenda. You're always so supportive and encouraging and I really appreciate it! X