Monday 25 July 2016

It's Flower week!

Small flowers from the garden
...and big flowers from Lidl and foliage from a customer's garden
Aren't the roses and alstromeria lovely?
It's Monday night and the countdown to my daughter's wedding is on!

I'm doing the flowers. I've ordered some big, blousy roses for the bouquets and buttonholes. These flowers are the start of what I need to fill 80 jam jars on the tables. I'm aiming at a mix of flowers and leaves that looks informal and pretty.

Tomorrow a friend and I will gather leaves from the hedgerows and on Wednesday a truly generous shop customer is allowing me to pick what I want from her garden. Other friends are contributing from their gardens and I'll start making up jars of flowers and leaves on Wednesday. 

I want everything to look it's best for the wedding and all last week I've been testing to see how long things last in water. I'm glad it's not as hot right now because very hot weather definitely shortens the life of cut flowers... 

1 comment:

Brenda Tilbury said...

They look absolutely lovely Jenny xxxxx