Tuesday 12 January 2016

A death in the family


First of all, apologies to anyone who visited Handmade Happiness on Saturday and found it closed. My mother had died the day before so I couldn't work that day.
Having been healthy all her life my mother succumbed to dementia around the time of my father's death, nearly five years ago.

 To anyone reading this who has someone in the family suffering with dementia, my heart goes out to you. It is the most cruel disease and, as with cancer, I do hope that a reliable cure can be found soon.

From today, Tuesday, the shop will be open as usual, 10 to 5, closed on Sundays and Mondays.  


6 comments:

lindsey said...

Oh Jenny I am so sorry & as you know, I can relate with you in so many ways. Hugs & love to you & your family. xx

jenny said...

Thank you Lindsey. X

Chrissy said...

Jenny I am so sad to read this news. If you need any support in the shop please do let me know. Lots of love to you and the family. Chrissy xx

jenny said...

It's good to hear from you, Chrissy. I've been wondering how you are. Please drop in to the shop when you can for a chat. Decided to open just Wednesdays to Saturdays this month. X

Anonymous said...

My Dear Jenny, I am so sorry to hear the news of your mother. I hope you are alright and that life will brighten up for you soon.
All my love Hazel

jenny said...

Thank you dear Hazel. It's very nice to get a message from you. I hope all goes well in your world. With love. x