Tuesday 5 January 2016

New Year's Resolutions

Pam Dew's quilt in Handmade Happiness.£295. The fabrics are all designed by Kaffe Fassett.

I just found a sheet of New Year Resolutions I wrote maybe 10 years ago. Interestingly they were the same resolutions as I would write today.

 Basically: Improve your home, improve yourself, make more stuff to sell and write more. I have succeeded in getting a shop - that was one of my resolutions for decades as regular readers will know. But basically, aside from getting a shop and moving house I haven't pulled off any other dramatic changes in the last 10 years.

So if we don't put into practice our resolutions each year what is the point of them? The good thing is it focusses our attention on what we want and where we are going.

 I just got 'The Happiness Project' by Gretchen Rubin. She zoomed in on her life and read masses of books and came up with some interesting tips to make life happier. I'll tell you more when I've finished reading it. Meanwhile you can look at www.happiness-project.com for more details.

 Where Gretchen and I differ is that she gave her project masses of energy and determination. Energy and determination are vital to change and puting New Year Resolutions into practice. So pass me the iron pills someone I'm getting help in the energy department.


2 comments:

molebags said...

Hi Jenny, hope you find the energy for all your resolutions! Difficult to summon it up at this time of year..

jenny said...

Thanks for leaving a comment, Carol.