Thursday 24 September 2015

What I was making in 2008

I knitted lots of these beads for jewellery 
These were made along with other pastel jewellery and a Liberty rabbit for a fashion shoot in a magazine
At a fair. A typical Jenny Stacy stall!
Dollies and jewellery in an exhibition cabinet at Havant library.
Selling outside in central Petersfield. With vegetables and flowers from my garden!
Every week I'd picture my jewellery on the Tricot Too mannequins. Felt brooches by Jenny Stacy.
A Jenny Stacy necklace in the window of Tricot Too
I started working at Tricot Too early in 2008. I loved the clothes and the clothes inspired the jewellery. Since many of the clothes were grey I could be as colourful as I liked. The shop and sister shop Tricot Designs in Arundel, also sold my buttons and even, for a short time, my dolls.

I also loved meeting and serving the customers. Handmade Happiness is across the street from where Tricot used to be and it's nice when those same customers come into my own shop.

In 2008 I also did craft fairs as pictured.The best venues for selling are charity coffee mornings but there are much fewer of those than there used to be.

2008 was also a good year for the garden and many of the blog posts show pictures of garden flowers or vegetables from the garden. Not handmade but definitely happy!

2 comments:

Brenda Tilbury said...

I just love the way you have evolved over the years, and the enjoyment and love of creating is always there. I would have liked to have found you before, and can't always read your blog, but now I know where to find inspiration. And a friendly person to talk to.
Thank you xx

Anonymous said...

What a lovely comment. Thank you Brenda. I look forward to seeing you again when you are able to call in to the shop for more creative chat! Jenny x