Monday 1 September 2014

September thoughts

My painted beads. A reminder to paint more!
September already and time is running helter-skelter towards another Christmas. Time for this year's Christmas inspiration board to go up and to think of how this year can be even more special, more magical than previous years.

One day I think glittery forest, the next day I think inside a jewellery box. Shall we go natural or shall we go bling? Can we have a mix of everything and the shop still look good?

I need to have plenty of last year's best sellers and a whole lot of new, tempting handmade pieces that regular customers will not have seen before. And to cover all the price points from 50p up to £500 (well, maybe not quite as much as £500!)  I like to have something to show the child with his carefully saved pennies and also something utterly beautiful for those with a bigger budget. Years of selling tell me that most people have a fixed amount in mind that they try to stick to when buying presents. 

But hold on, what about summer into autumn? Days of 'mellow mist and fruitfulness'? All those rich rusts and aubergine purples. Golden yellow, pumpkin orange and Virginia creeper red. Wonderful colour inspiration for now. Sorry I was getting ahead of myself. Let's make the most of right now.  Wishing you a wonderful and colourful September.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is truly a great and helpful piece of information. I am happy that you just shared this helpful info with us.
Please stay us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.



Take a look at my page ... Faux Flowers