Saturday 16 August 2014

Does you know someone who deserves a medal?

Medal brooches by Jenny Stacy
More medal brooches by Jenny Stacy
The first brooches I made some of which have been further decorated, see above.
Do you remember the advertisement which said 'Award Yourself the CDM'? Those initials stood for a certain bar of chocolate. 

I've always thought that there are so many unsung heroes.  Those determinedly coping with a terminal illness, mothers alone with small children, ordinary people doing extraordinary things. Nurses, carers and teachers - many of them deserve more recognition for the jobs they do.

I was thinking that when I made these medal brooches. Receiving one doesn't, I'm afraid, involve meeting the Queen, but giving one is a nice way of showing someone you appreciate what they're doing and care about them.

No comments: