Thursday 2 August 2012

Pretty fabrics in John Lewis

Whenever I go to London I visit the John Lewis habadashery department. Talking of fabrics Penny Baker dropped off more of her popular reclaimed cotton fabric packs from the 30s, 40s and 50s.£10 a pack.I'll take photos of them today.
 Here are what Londoners call 'Boris bikes'. Anyone can use them. Not sure if they're free or not.
I wanted to visit the Spanish shop Pull and Bear on Oxford Street that I've recommended to lots of people for reasonably priced, fashionable clothes in cotton and denim. I bought some great trousers there last time I was in London... but this time I found more clothes to suit in Uniqlo. 


We also looked in Kew and Dorothy Perkins which had hundreds of dresses in the sale. Although I had intended to visit Cabbages and Roses in Langton Street time ran out. And it was so pleasant being in Oxford Street with few people on the pavements - reckon everyone was on the east side of the city watching the games. 

No comments: