Saturday 12 November 2011

Glimpses at the Country Living Christmas Show

As usual the Islington show was packed with shoppers making it hard to move in the aisles and almost impossible to get close enough to look at the most popular stands. It is heartening to see so many people willing to be tempted to spend their money on Christmas this year in spite of all the doom and gloom on the news.
The cushions at the top are designed by Jan Constantine; I like the old fashioned garlands by Nicky Snow; and, above, this is as close as I could get for a while to my friend Kate's stand. I'm looking forward to having some of her lovely things in the shop soon.
And what, you may be asking yourselves, did Jenny buy? Well I did buy a couple of things and I spoke to a few handmade in England stallholders about having their things in the HH shop. More of that and pictures later.

No comments: