Wednesday 2 December 2009

Carluccio heaven


Yesterday we tramped down Regent Street, Oxford Street and Bond Street visiting Liberty, Anthropologie, Uniclo, Selfridges, Cos and Fenwick. We became very hungry and it was heaven to find a Carluccio cafe in Fenwicks and to sit comfortably and enjoy an Antipasto Verdure with extra foccacia and dipping olive oil. Yum. Imagine preserving and bottling aubergines, peppers, tomatoes and artichokes so you could eat like this at home! We then looked at the beautifully packaged Christmas foods in the delicatessen - chocolate pannetonne anyone? And the dried mushrooms, sacks of carnaroli rice and shaped pastas. If I was rich I would spend a lot of time here. The staff could keep me fortified as I wrote my novel! No time to visit Fortnum and Masons unfortunately where last year I was bowled over by the beautiful Snow Queen themed windows. That will have to wait for the next London shopping expedition.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

m said...

looks deeeeelish - I so miss carluccios :o(