Wednesday 27 May 2009

Petworth's Costume and Textile Fair

I spent the weekend and Monday in this rather beautiful round tent. It had a chandelier and billowing drapes, quite the grandest setting I have ever experienced! It was a lovely fair with talks on fashion and clothes through the ages. A large marquee of textile artists, another large marquee of beautiful fabrics - ethnic treasures, French antique linens, hand embellished clothes. Plus textile hangings and pictures by groups and individuals. All really interesting.


My table, and the words 'could do better' come to mind. But in spite of the rather messy display and totally wrong white mirror I had a great time. I met some really interesting people. I sold hundreds of buttons, lots of badges and a few pieces of jewellery. Hopefully the Petworth House Costume and Textile Fair will become an annual event.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: