Friday 2 November 2018

A Lucky Find

100% cashmere bunnies I made yesterday.

Regular readers will know I love a bargain! Doing a 'charity run' in other words visiting all the charity shops in a town is my idea of a treat! Nearly all my possessions - clothes, crockery, decorative objects, even craft materials, have been lucky finds over the years at charity shops.

I was especially lucky to find a 100% cashmere tank top recently priced at £4.50. Carefully hand washed and dried it is Heavenly soft and just the right colour for little bunnies!
So yesterday I made these and stuffed them with lavender that my kind neighbour dries for me from her bushes each year. And the longer they are held the stronger the scent becomes.

It is tempting to make more today but paperwork beckons. Today will probably be all about doing figures and hopefully greeting and serving lots of customers who are buying for Christmas.

I notice from Instagram (jenny_handmade_happiness) how many little shops like mine are being forced to close down because people are not spending like they used to. The uncertainty of the future is making people prudent. Mostly people are only spending on food right now. However if enough people just bought the odd card from shops like mine it would help them to survive this horrible political climate for a while longer.


No comments: