Friday 9 October 2015

Needlefelting experiments

The effect of needlefelting on different fabrics
Ribbon, silk and synthetic fabrics
Layers - I like the subtlety of printed chiffon over wool bottom right.
My favourite - gold over velvet.
Pretty old lace, needlefelted into tatters.
 Yesterday afternoon in the shop I had fun trying out different fabrics and seeing how they needlefelted and needlefelted in layers. Love the idea of gold over red velvet for tree decorations!

Some of these pieces will be sent to Bee Mellor, my 'Two Birds' partner to become brooches or necklaces...

2 comments:

Brenda Tilbury said...

They all look lovely Jenny. I am going to try the same thing if you don't mind, and mix some paper in too! Love, Brenda xxx

Anonymous said...

Of course I don't mind Brenda! I look forward to seeing what yours look like if you feel like bringing things in to the shop. I'd like to combine paper collages with needlefelting but I've not tried that yet...x