Thursday 28 November 2013

Sheila Barrow's little pictures

South Downs view by Sheila Barrow
Stitched into paint - the work of Sheila Barrow
Across the South Downs by Sheila Barrow
 I love these little works of art by Sheila Barrow. They are about 10 inches square and would look lovely grouped together or singly on a mantlepiece or in a group of other original paintings. Like her white painted frame pictures I showed you earlier they show views from the walk Sheila and her husband took along the South Downs Way - a distance of 100 miles from Winchester to Eastbourne. As Sheila walked she sketched.  

Customers looking in Handmade Happiness for Christmas presents see lots of things they'd love to buy for themselves. This has given me the idea of a 'Wish List'. I could have a pad of tear off sheets on the counter for anyone to fill in with what they themselves would love to receive. The wish list sheet would have all the shop details across the top so that husbands, parents or children could come in and buy something from the list their loved one has given them.

I have written this blog now daily since June 2011. That's two and a half years and I wrote it quite often before that too. Now I am tired and will write every other day from now on. That way you'll get a better quality blog! 

No comments: