Saturday 23 February 2013

Looking up

Inside Guildford's Museum on the High Street
 'What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stop and stare.' (Can't remember who wrote that.)
These days there doesn't seem to be time to decorate fancy ceilings. I love ornament for ornament's sake like this. When ladies had little else to do but sit and embroider and receive the occasional guest in the parlour they would have appreciated resting their eyes on a pretty ceiling.
What do you think of the pictures? Not the pictures themselves but the way they are hung? If they could be pulled up a little to be framed by the panelling it would be better. I guess they were not chosen to go with the room. Do you think they would look better hung together in a block within the frames of the panelling or am I just now having a bit too much time to stop and stare?!

1 comment:

Carole C said...

Hi Jenny
If I was in that room I would just have to re-position those pics (my mild OCD coming out here!) Love the ceiling and chandelier,though.
Bon weekend x