Friday 4 January 2013

Embroidery - red on white

I spotted these in a Midhurst charity shop. 
I think they would have been used as finger napkins to dry your fingers on when you had dipped them in your finger bowl at table. French? (Correct me if I'm wrong.) They are delicately embroidered, all six different and were priced at just £1.50.

 I love red on white linen embroidery. These need to be seen. What would you do with them? I'm thinking they could be sewn on to a white linen little curtain, dotted on, not in rows or together or maybe sewn to a white roller blind for the kitchen. They could be individual lavender bags but I don't want them to be hidden away in a drawer. Actually framing them individually in those white Ikea box frames would be fab yes, I think I may do that...

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Isn't the process of deciding how upcycle fascinating, best of luck and "enjoy the ride". By the way, what a find.