Friday 29 June 2012

Flowers from the garden

Pictured against my well-used folder for choir, aren't these roses wonderful? I think the tightly petalled ones are called Queen of Sweden, a David Austin rose. The poppies seem to come up in different colours every year and the blue penstemmon is one of my favourites though the colour is more intense than it looks in these photos.

 Today, Friday is a Petersfield Plants day -plants are sold early this morning in St Peter's Road. I'll check out sweet peas if they've got any because mine haven't taken this year and sweet peas I reckon are about the best flower to grow in the garden apart from roses...

4 comments:

Rustic Kitty said...

I came into your shop today for the first time, we ended up buying 3 sheep for my son! I found you really welcoming and I felt comfortable to browse. Will definitely be back.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful flowers! When I get married, I will commission you to design both the wedding invitations and my bouquet! xxx Sophie

Amy said...

I think these pics should be made into postcards... and then sent to me! Amyxx

Anonymous said...

Ces roses sont magnifiques,et tellement bien mises ensemble, que de couleurs à réunir dans une belle peinture