Sunday 27 May 2012

Rag rugging

Cushion in Handmade Happiness made by Glen Wellstead.
 Glen teaches rag rugging techniques at regular workshops.

Yesterday Susannah Smith brought in her lovely dyed silk scarves - which are big enough to be worn as a sarong in this hot weather and her felt purses. Picture to come.

What are you doing this Sunday? I am looking forward to a walk and a  picnic with my younger daughter and her boyfriend this lunchtime.  Before that housework... I find it's less painful to music!

2 comments:

lindsey said...

I love rag rugging, to look at not me doing. Do you remember the old days of Chichester Contemporary Crafts & Linda Burdon now Chivers, with all her wonderful designs?

jenny said...

I've got a denim rag rug of Linda's in the shop now. I liked her pansy designs best.