Tuesday 1 May 2012

Come to Guildford!

Pandora at the very top of the High Street stocks Kaffe Fassett fabrics and my beloved Noro yarns.
Fabulous bargains at tkmax pictured above and in the two pictures below. 

Yesterday I had a fabulous day out in Guildford and the sun shone so hot I was able to lay a carrier bag on the soggy grass and sit and picnic on my lunchtime sandwich!

As you know it was my birthday a couple of weeks ago and for once I didn't let a birthday cheque for £100 just melt into paying bills and buying food. No, I spent the whole lot in Guildford yesterday and had a great time deciding what to buy. 

tkmax has some real bargains. I found two pairs of FitFlop shoes at £24.95 each. I've wanted some for years but they normally retail at around £100 a pair. I like the strong flower shop smells of the sebnini candles which were £5.99 each. (You'll get a whiff of these in the shop!) The Pantone shoulder bag - orange inside with countless pockets and zipped bits was just £12.99; Orla Kiely room spray in fig - which smells fabulous - just £3.99 and for my many To Do lists a pretty magnetic notepad for the fridge at £2.99. All pictured above.

The thing about Guildford is that all the shops are pretty much in a straight line up a steep hill. Yesterday I walked further up the hill than usual and discovered Pandora which is my idea of heaven. www.knitting-supplies-store.co.uk  
More tomorrow. Happy May to everyone reading this!

No comments: