Monday 5 December 2011

Champagne taste but beer money!

On Saturday night my youngest and her rugby player boyfriend came over and admired the shop before we ate at the nearby Ask restaurant. He was thrilled with the three course Christmas menu for £16.95 complete with sparkler and chesnuts. Just looking at the picture makes you feel like celebrating!

Yesterday, Sunday, I collected some mugs and ceramic Christmas decorations for the shop from my friend Kate Hackett who was exhibiting with the Sussex Guild at Midhurst. I had a good look at the show, hoping to find other things that would fit in with Handmade Happiness...

Then to Chichester for a spot of Christmas shopping.
 Honestly as I get older I get harder to please and I found very little. My girls say only buy what you would love to have yourself. Which is a good rule of thumb for anyone doing Christmas shopping I reckon.
 I found a white fleece covered hot water bottle at Avoca's 'Gorgeous' shop with 'Baby It's Cold Outside' written on it which I wanted but it was nearly £30 so I left it.
 Basically it's champagne taste but beer money.
Then last night my other daughter came down to man my neighbour Tara's shop for a couple of days. Tara is away doing her Christmas shopping in New York. Not that I'm jealous or anything...!!!!

No comments: